Monday, June 22, 2009

What?...........

Ok so I am on a bit of a band wagon this afternoon so please bear with me. I am absolutely stunned by what I am reading on the following web site
http://www.abortion.org.au/prolife.htm
So, to start with, the reason I came across this site was that I was trying to find some helpful anti- abortion links for my readers. I typed in 'Pro Life Australia', the second Link down read :

'Pro-life, anti-abortion websites and organizations in Australia

List of pro-life organizations and websites in Australia: ACT Right to Life Association http://www.actrtla.org.au/ Australasian Bioethics Association '

So I think,' ok, this will be helpful'. I enter the site only to be hit with the message,

'Pro Life Oppose Contraception'
What the heck is that about!! It turns out to be an abortion website! Where do they get off having that Pro Life, anti abortion heading!?
To say 'Pro Life Oppose Contraception' is such an inaccurate generalisation. I am a anti- abortion, which I consider pro life, Christian woman who believes in the Bible and I believe in contraception.
I don't believe, however, in the morning after pill or abortion as a form of contraception.
Now, I am aware that there are Pro Life extremists who subscribe to this however, making a generalised statement like this is completely inaccurate.

It is as ignorant as saying
' Pro Choice Think Murder Should Be Legalised'

They go even further by stating 'Pro Lifers believe Rape within marriage is ok, contraception is a SIN'!!
Oh my gosh! I couldn't even believe what I was reading.

Rape is never, EVER ok. Married or not. Jesus Christ never said rape was. ok.

See: http://www.carm.org/questions/about-sexuality/what-does-bible-say-about-rape

'Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.'Ephesians 5:25-33

Now these people either have their facts wrong or they are deliberately trying to be deceptive. Unfortunately I think it is the latter. They are taking the absolute extreme views and quoting them as mainstream belief.

For them to then say, ' For some people, fertilised eggs are more important than women'.
I think is completely inaccurate too.
I believe, NO HUMAN LIFE HAS MORE VALUE THEN ANOTHER and even if you believe one does, who has the right to decide which one that is!

Now to be fair I know that there are fundamentalist religious groups out there who support the views that this website portray. But I think lumping ALL Christians and Pro Lifers into the same boat is just wrong.

My goal is to get help for babies AND women. I have a passion to help BOTH. I don't want to rip the baby out of a woman and then leave her bloodied and dying, throw a Bible at her and send her home to a husband who rapes her. That web site might have you believe that, I, as a Christian ' pro lifer', would take that view! I want to help her find healing from whatever may be causing her to want an abortion to begin with. I want her to experience God's agape Love, healing, salvation and safety.

The God I serve is Loving, Unchanging and Just. God's heart breaks for rape victims, victims of incest and women who find themselves in fatal positions when continuing a pregnancy, just as His heart breaks for the unborn victims of abortion.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,

it keeps no record of wrongs

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts,

always hopes,

always perseveres.


They ask "What are the REAL motivations of Pro Life?' I think instead we need to ask ourselves,
'What is the real motivations behind the people who are so opposed to pro life?.'

No comments:

Post a Comment


I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live

Deuteronomy 30:19